Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving With A Twist

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I enjoy it because it incorporates everything that I love family, and food. My family and I are getting ready for Thanksgiving Dinner and starting to plan the menu. We plan to have all of the traditional foods: turkey, macaroni and cheese, corn pudding, ham, collard greens, green beans, candied yams, and nice buttery dinner rolls. Ever since I can remember, I was always the one in the family who was fascinated with the seasonings that went into each part of the meal, and because I was always sneaking into the kitchen, I became the family taste tester. This Thanksgiving is exciting for me, because I was asked to contribute my culinary expertise. So, instead of the traditional mashed potatoes, I'm thinking about doing something a little different: mashed potatoes with capers and onions.
I'm not sure how it's going to turn out yet, but I'll be sure to keep you posted and give you my recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment