Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Foodography: Culinary Creations

I told you all that I had a photography project coming up and that my focus was going to be food. Well, I tried to take my first picture yesterday evening. I had whole wheat penne pasta with marinara sauce, sauteed mushrooms, green, red, and yellow bell peppers and onions with sausage. To make my bowl look pretty for the picture I garnished it with roughly chopped spinach. Get this...just as I was about to snap my delicious looking masterpiece of a meal, my camera didn't take the shot. I was very sad to say the least. Nevertheless, the pasta was wonderful. If there is anything  that I have learned in my few short weeks of being a photographer, it's to be patient with yourself, and that practice makes perfect. So, this afternoon I tried again. I had my advisor look at my camera and see if she could figure out what I was doing wrong. I thought she would be the best person to go to because she was a photography major when she was in college (what are the chances of that? Lol) Within seconds, she fixed the problem and then I went to work. I'm totally in my element when it comes to food, and if I can capture the beauty of it like I desire to with this project, then I have succeeded. I started  off with 24 pictures and now I'm down to my last 18. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I'll just keep stirring up new ideas, one photo at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment