Monday, February 27, 2012

Pomodoro con Pollo e Spinaci

Hello Friends!
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be home for a few days on break and how good it feels to be back in my own kitchen for a while. I was getting so tired of school cafeteria food; if anything I needed a break from that most of all. I have a really tasty and exciting new recipe to share with you all. I call it "Pomodoro con Pollo e Spinaci" (I'm practacing Italian where I can :-) it translates to Tomato with Chicken and Spinach).

Here's what you'll need
1 medium tomato (diced)
1/2 of a medium onion (diced)
1/2 cup of fresh baby spinach (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
2 to 3 dashes of hot sauce
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 boneless skinless chicken breast (cubed)
Olive Oil

Perfect Partner:
Tortilla Chips

How to Prepare:
Heat olive oil on the stove over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, place the cubed chicken breasts into it, season and let it cook through. While waiting for the chicken to lightly brown (golden is what you should be looking for) get a separate bowl (must be microwave safe) and add the diced tomatoes, onions, and chopped spinach to it along with the cheese. When the chicken is cooked add it to the bowl and place in the microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds. Once the allotted time has passed take out the mixture and stir. Serve hot and enjoy.


Buon appetito

No comments:

Post a Comment