Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Better Choices

This year for Lent I gave up all white starches. No white rice. No potato chips. No pasta. No French fries. No bread. At first the very idea of this was almost too much to bare, I thought to myself, "I am going to have to change my WHOLE diet!" Something that I wasn't sure I was really willing to do. What I decided to do instead is to change my diet from white to wheat. I want to be healthy and fit. I am determined to be comfortable in my own skin and I think that this is a great place to start. My curtailing what I cook and how I eat, I am finding that it is becoming easier to control my portion sizes and my appetite has changed. Lent is a 40 day commitment and it takes 21 days to form a habit. With the exception of the occasional French fry, and pasta, I am finding contentment in this new way of life. I hope that this new system is something that I stick to because the benefits that I am experiencing are amazing! I have more energy, I am more well rested, and I feel better internally. I think that with the combination of continuing on this wheat lifestyle and working out my end result will be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment