Friday, October 24, 2014

A Little Spice is Always Nice

Hello Foodies!
I know that I haven't been posting anything lately, but I promise I have not forgotten about you! I am in the throws of grad school, building my journalism brand and working on music with my sisters, but I still escape to my kitchen whenever my reality gets to be a little overwhelming. I love this blog and I appreciate all of you so much. I recognize that I have to do better!

With that being said, let's talk about the latest food trend:

The Fall Season is where chef pull out all the stops as it pertains to spices. The most recent trend is Pumpkin Spiced foods and beverages. They have pumpkin lasagna, pumpkin soup, pumpkin spiced cheesecake, coffee, cookies, ice cream etc. you name it, they have it! Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good pumpkin spiced latte every now and then but I think we are all a little pumpkin crazed lol.

As the weather gets colder though, I figure now is the perfect time to create some new recipes for November and December. Normally, I am not a big fan of popcorn, but I found a way to eat it that is really yummy to much on throughout the day and is super easy to make:

Ingredients:
1 bag of Skinny Popcorn
1/2 tsp of Cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp of McCormick garlic salt with parsley

Directions:
Pour the popcorn into an 8 oz cup
Add the Cayenne Pepper mix lightly
Next add the garlic-parsley salt in slowly
Mix together and enjoy!

I have few recipes up my sleeve and I will be sure to share them with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment