Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Rustic Chicken Salad

Hello My Beloved Foodies!

Over the past week, I have been whipping up unique and delicious (if I do say so myself) that are super healthy and really flavorful. My mom and I decided that we were going to fast from STARCH (bread, pasta, chips, French fries, and rice), and adjust our diets to a green and protein lifestyle for (10 days). Now, if you all know me, you are well aware of the fact that FRENCH FRIES are my guilty pleasure, so initially this was VERY hard for me; but like any diet the first 3 days are the worst. Eventually though, I got to be more creative with the meals that I was making for my mom and me and any time I get to be in my kitchen and challenge myself with new recipes, I am all for it. So I have been making a lot of  simple breakfasts, Green Smoothies and different types of salads.

Here are a few examples:
Parmesan and Turkey Bacon Bits a top Lemon Pepper Asparagus with Eggs
Tuna and Tomato over mixed greens
Pesto Shrimp over mixed greens
Warm tomato and onion salad a top Chicken Breasts
Spiced Almonds
and Green Smoothies (spinach/kale, with a varying combination of strawberries, peaches, apples, black berries and chai seeds)

As Autumn approaches, I wanted to create a healthy, flavorful and hearty dish with little to no fuss. So I went into my kitchen and started creating...and came up with a new Chicken Salad Recipe!

Rustic Chicken Salad:

Here's What You'll Need:
A handful and a 1/2 of raw almonds (chopped)
1 tbsp of Grapeseed oil
1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp of Minced Garlic
1 tsp of black pepper
1/2 of a Honeycrisp Apple (fine rough chop)
1 can of Chicken
1 tbsp of Kraft Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp of Season Salt
1/2 tsp of garlic salt

Directions:
Drain Canned Chicken. Then despense chicken into a small to medium sized bowl and set aside. In a small pan over low heat add the grape seed oil and almonds the and the minced garlic, cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp of black pepper. Stir the mixture together for approximately 3 minutes and remove from heat. To the bowl of chicken that you have set aside add the mayo, season salt, garlic salt, and 1/2 of black pepper. Then add the finely rough chopped Honey Crisp apple and the spiced almond pieces to the bowl. Lightly mix together, chill (in the refrigerator for approximately 10 minutes) and serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment