Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Falling in Love with Fall

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons. I love the beautiful colors; the reds, greens, yellows, oranges, and even the browns. You know that autumn is here when you feel a subtle nip in the air, and when the leaves make a crunching sound under the soles of your shoes on the pavement. What does that have to do with food? Well, in some way or another, you can incorporate the colors of fall, or the sounds of fall in the way that you create a dish as well. For instance, for lunch today I had chicken salad on wheat bread, spinach, and tomato with a robust tomato based soup; it was a combination of rice, fresh tomatoes, onions, and jalapeno peppers. I painted my pallet with the colors of autumn and incorporated the warmth of the season all through one meal. Be on the look out for more recipes in the next few months; I have been inspired to experiment with color, and flavor to give you a taste of this beautiful season of Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment