Monday, October 24, 2011

Lost in Flavor

I have been asked if I have ever traveled outside of the United States, and my response is "Yes, but not in the traditional sense" I explain that I have traveled around the world in the comfort of my kitchen through flavor. I have been transported to Asia, the Caribbean, the Philippines, Germany, and Italy so far; my next venture will be a "trip" to India.


I am always looking for new ways to expand my pallet and today I got lost in colorful flavors on my pallet.


The Non-Traditional Club Sandwich


2 slices of whole wheat bread
Thinly sliced turkey breast
pepper jack cheese
2  sliced vine ripened tomatoes
roasted red peppers
spinach
jalapeno peppers
red onion slices
mayonnaise


How to prepare:


Take the two pieces of bread and smear mayonnaise on both slices, then add the cheese. Next, cut two slices of one medium tomato, then the spinach, the onion, roasted red peppers and jalapeno peppers to taste. Once the sandwich is made, toast it in a 350 degree oven for about 3-5 minutes on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Or you can heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat NOTE: to check if the pan is hot enough drizzle water in it. If the water evaporates then the skillet is hot enough.Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil and place in the hot skillet. Press the sandwich down with a another pot or skillet for about a minute and a half to two minutes on each side. Serve Hot and Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment