Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Back To Basics

Growing up in a generation where everything is so fast paced sometimes makes my head spin. Now a days it is rare that a family sits at a dinner table to eat together and converse about various subjects, or that people get a chance to eat a good home cooked meal. What happened? I'm not sure exactly, but what I do know is that I am so greatful that my family still makes it a point to stay connected. As my older sister and I begin to think about moving out of our parents' house someday and starting our own families, there is such a comfort in knowing that we can always come back and catch up around the table. We ought to take the time to go back to the basics, and rediscover who we are, and I think that one of the best ways to do that is through food. I want to get old family recipes and cook my way through my family's history. It's a new spin on the movie Julie and Julia. I'm not sure where to begin, but I think the best way to start is at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment