Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple Solutions: Part III

I have finished the fast. 10 days with no meat. Was it a challenge? Not really. Could I do it again? Absolutely. I must admit, I have missed eating chicken, and having the option of eating a burger (although I rarely do), but in order for me to be the best me that I can be, I have to balance my diet. I am making a lifestyle choice. I am choosing to eat a vegetarian diet every other month.

Some random thoughts for you:

I have learned to enjoy eating more vegetables.
I have enhanced my cooking skills, by not using meat.
I have learned that flavor, taste and texture do not have to be comprised just because meat is not part of the equation.
Surprisingly, I was just as full just eating vegetables, as I would be had I been eating meat.


My favorite meal that I had while I was on my fast was a whole grain tomato, basil and mozzarella flat bread from Cosi.

No comments:

Post a Comment