Monday, July 4, 2011

Simple Solutions Part II: Hearty Veggie Wrap

I'm on day four of my no meat diet and I'm doing well with it. I'm excited about the possibilities that this will give me. Even though I'm not eating meat, my diet didn't change as much as I thought it would; the only difference is that now I'm eating the right foods, with the right mindset and the right perspective. I've found that I am just as full as I would be if I were eating a cheeseburger or a steak and cheese (yum!!).

The first thing on my menu was starting my day off with prayer.

Next: Hearty Veggie Wrap

What You'll Need:
 diced mushrooms
 chopped green onions
1 medium diced tomato
1 medium green pepper
 chopped fresh spinach
2 tsps of garlic salt
2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
egg whites
pack of tortillas
1 tbs of unsalted butter


Let's Get Cooking!

Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and drizzle the olive oil into the pan. Once heated, saute the mushrooms, spinach, green pepper, tomato, and green onions. Add the garlic salt next and mix in with the vegetables then pour in the egg whites and mix again until the egg whites are cooked all the way through. After the vegetables and egg whites are cooked keep on low heat.  Use another non-stick pan and melt the butter, then place the tortilla until it gets lightly golden on each side then remove and put on a plate and start to put the wrap together. Add the egg white mixture into the center of the tortilla then fold the tortilla horizontally first, then vertically and tuck the sides in. Eat and Enjoy

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment